Department of Mining Engineering was established in 1996 which is one of the pioneering department. This Mining Engineering Department is the unique and Single Department in whole Gujarat State. Over the years, the department has progressed at a rapid pace with the development in both the spheres of infrastructure facilities and faculty members. Its kind in the state with excellent facilities for teaching and widespread activities in coal and non-coal/ Metalliferrous mining sectors. The department has highly qualified faculty excellence in various fields.
|• The department offers the Diploma Mining Engineering Course in two shifts. Intake of students in first shift is 120 and that of in second shift is 60.|
• The department has well equipped laboratories attached to different divisions for conducting teaching activities.
• The diploma holder students coming out from the Institute are well prepared with knowledge and technical information, refined with professional touch, are capable of undertaking the Mining Engineering jobs to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
Making globally acceptable mining engineers by unleashing their creative potentials.
1. Enhancing educational standards to improve overall quality and performance of the students.
2. Developing competitive skills of the students by adopting creative and innovative culture in the department.
3. Inculcating social and ethical values among the students by exposing them to the society and industry.
This lab is furnished by Flame safety lamp, Gas chamber and its accessories.
Lab is equipped with: